Mechanical Technician – Tumas Group –
Tumas Group is looking to recruit a full-time Maintenance Technician to join our dynamic team at the Maintenance Department.
As a Mechanical Technician, your main objective will be to maintain, identify and repair faults on the mechanical equipment installed in the complex. The equipment can be both for domestic and industrial use. You will also carry out regular inspections and examine for defects equipment and installations etc. and keep relative records. Ensuring that all operational and safety standards and regulations established by the Company are adhered to at all times is essential for this role. You will be working within a team of Technicians at the Maintenance department and liaising with internal and external customers.
To qualify for this position, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- In possession of a recognized qualification issued by MCAST or equivalent institution. HTD level qualification in the applied mechanical field will be preferred.
- Skilled at diagnosing and carrying out in-house repair, maintenance and calibration of plant machinery and equipment.
- Provide technical support using initiative and experience to identify solutions to technical issues which may arise.
- Able to work effectively in a team.
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft applications.
- Able to work to high standards of customer care and satisfaction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including fluency in Maltese and English.